Our email service has been running now for about two years and we have thousands of patients emailing us for appointments. We're not sure who loves this more, our moms and dads, or those of us working at the front desk! Our email system has kept our phone lines much freer than they have been in the past, and we all love that! Here are some tips for emailing us:
1. Remember, emailing is generally for booking and cancelling appointments. Please do not email us for medical advice. Our doctors and nurses are not on the email system, only our secretarial staff.
2. Email is NOT for emergencies. Even if you write "HEEELLLLPP!" or "EMERGENCY!!! READ NOW!!!" in the subject line! We try to get back to you quickly but our first responsibility is to look after the patients in the office. We never deal with emergency situations by email.
3. Please include the following information in your emails: - your child's name, first and last, and your Doctor's name. - please keep your emails short and to the point. We don't need a full history; you will give that to your doctor at the appointment. We just want a few key words like cough, fever, rash, earache , school problem etc. -attachments are a NO NO. We learned that quickly the first time we opened an attachment with a virus. We all know how doctors and their staff feel about viruses, and computer viruses are no exception! So if you do send us an attachment (and we've had people sending everything from pictures of their children's rashes, to health forms to fill out) we will tell you we cannot open them.
4. Re our email appointment reminder system: Yes, we know you love it. However, if you don't come to your appointment, and for some reason didn't get the email reminder, you are still responsible for missing that appointment. Remember that these emails are a courtesy reminder; they are not meant to be instead of you marking it down in your calendar. Also, our email reminders are automatic; one push of a button sends them all out at once...so you don't need to send us a 'thank you' for them!
5. Finally, if you are emailing for an appointment and we send you back a time with your doctor, we don't wait for your confirmation as we don't have time to hold the spot until we hear back from you. It is essential that you check in very often to see if we've responded with an appointment, as you will likely get a response within a few minutes. If you don't see the appointment time we send you, this too, is considered a missed appointment that you may be charged for. So, if you want to email for a sick appointment that day, and then plan to leave the house and not return to your email for hours, you should be phoning us instead and we'll be happy to help you.
Wishing you all a safe and healthy winter!
VISIT HERE OFTEN!! Here is where you will find news and information about what is new and exciting at Thornhill Pediatrics.
Or follow us on Twitter.... It's easy, just go to our HOME page and scroll down to the the Twitter link. Click on "Follow the converstion". This takes you to our Twitter account. Click on the "Follow" icon and your done!
When something important happens at Thornhill Pediatrics, the Twitter followers will be the first to know!!